DOUBLES LADDER CHALLENGE
Rules and explanation
WHAT IS IT?
• An online doubles ladder where players are given an individual ranking
• This competition is completely "opt in"
- There is no obligation to take part whether a player is on the ladder or not
- Obviously, the players that take part in the most matches will have an advantage
• You can pair up with a different partner very time
• Open to all adult members!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• No sign up necessary, once you report a result you will automatically be added to the ladder
• Email the result to Will within 24 hours - email@example.com
• Any men's doubles, ladies doubles or mixed doubles matches between club members counts towards the ladder
• You can choose to play best of 3 sets or first to 9 games (with a tie-break at 8 all) - please agree on this in advance
• The ladder works on a weighted points system dependant on ranking
• Note: Participants do not need to do any calculation themselves, all they have to do is organise a game of doubles with anyone in the club and report the result (no need to read on if numbers give you a headache!)
• Going into each match players are ranked from 1-4 dependant on their current
points tally and receive weighted scores relevant to this ranking
#1 player: 20 for a win / 10 for a loss
#2 player: 40 for a win / 20 for a loss
#3 player: 60 for a win / 30 for a loss
#4 player: 80 for a win / 40 for a loss
- 50 bonus points every time you play with a new partner
- When players are equal on points going into a match they share the highest player position
• Example: If it is the first match for all 4 players then everyone is considered to be #1 player and receive 20 points for a win or 10 points for a loss (plus a bonus of 50 points each for playing with a new partner)
• Another example: If going into the match John has 100 points, Paul and
George are on 70 points and Ringo is on 60 points then:
- John is #1 player
- Paul and George are both #2 player
- And Ringo is #4 player
- There is no #3 player in this situation
THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE OPENING WEEKEND OF WINTER LEAGUE AND WILL RECEIVE A TERM OF FREE COACHING FOR 2 PEOPLE