SINGLES LADDER CHALLENGE
Rules and explanation
WHAT IS IT?
• An online singles ladder where players are given points for every match they play
• Ladder is completely "opt in"
- There is no obligation to take part whether a player is on the ladder or not
- Obviously, the players that take part in the most matches will have an advantage
• There are separate ladders for men and ladies
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• No sign up necessary, once you report a result you will automatically be added to the ladder
• The winner must email the result to Will within 24 hours - email@example.com
• Any singles match between club members counts towards the ladder
• You can choose the scoring format so long as both players have agreed prior to the start of the match. If you don't have much time try best of 3 sets with a championship tiebreak instead of a 3rd set or first to 9 games (with a tie-break at 8 all)
• The ladder works on a points system
• Note: Participants do not need to do any calculation themselves, all they have to do is organise a game of singles with anyone in the club and report the result
• Both players must confirm that they are playing for the ladder and agree the scoring format before the start of the match
• For every match completed each player receives 25 points
• Each player receives a bonus of 50 points if it is their first time playing each other on the ladder
• An extra 25 points goes to the winner of the match
THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE OPENING WEEKEND OF SUMMER LEAGUE AND RECEIVE A TERM OF FREE COACHING FOR 2 PEOPLE